Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Clowns

I like clowns.  I realize that this is slightly abnormal.  Some people think that clowns are scary, or at least secretive.  They have faces with exaggerated or twisted features, strange hair, and clothes that do not fit in the spectrum of normal wear.  But I like them.

I don't actually have a reason for liking them.  I can't say, "Whiteface is cool," or "We all need big red noses," or anything like that.  I just look at them and feel that an aura of interest surrounds them.  Maybe it's because they are abnormal, that they are shifted away from what surrounds us all on a day to day basis.  Abnormal things capture my interest; they make my brain process what about them is different from normal.  Anytime my brain processes things, it sparks my imagination.  This is always a good thing.

 
I know that it's been awhile since I wrote anything in my blog.  In my defense, I was on vacation in California for over a week.  I got to go to Comic-con in San Diego, and I had an awesome time.  While there, I got to see my rival in person for the first time, and got to see a preview of the movie MirrorMask, which, if it doesn't have clowns, that is only because clowns are not odd enough for the film.  There are people running around in masks and half-masks, which is almost as good.

See?  I segued my vacation into the whole clown theme.  Am I good or what?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home