I hate my car
I really, truly hate my car. It is a 1997 Kia Sportage, and has not even 50,000 miles on it yet. However, it goes into the dealer's for repair about every 6 months to a year.I had it in this last February because it was misfiring. Misfiring is fun. It can feel like going over a bump in the road, so you're never quite sure if you're actually having a problem or if the road is just bad. And since the roads here get repaved about once every two decades, it's easy to talk yourself into pretending it's just the road until the problem becomes really bad.
So I had the car taken in. It had 46937 miles on it. It got fixed for $700, and since I was casah poor my parents paid for the repairs. I still haven't paid them back, which bugs me. I need to.
Well, it now has 49750 miles on it. That's not quite 3000 miles if you don't want to do the math. That's less than one recommended oil change. It needs to go back. I was driving home from dinner at my parent's place tonight, and I felt it misfire and happened to be looking at the dashboard. Watching my RPMs fall I knew that I hadn't hit a rough spot on the road. So now it needs to go into the dealer. The catch? I'm flying out of here on Wednesday.
I have massive cleaning to do. When I come home I'm supposed to take my friend and go driving all over the area to do massive touristy things. We are not supposed to spend 2-3 days of my vacation waiting around for the dealership to fix my stupid car.
*sob* It's so depressing. I'm looking at taking off the longest stretch of time (11 days) since I started working when I was 15.5. And I get to look forward to using it to fix my damned car? (I say damned because that car certainly isn't going to car heaven when it dies. No siree.) There is some force in this universe that has decreed that I never get to have a fun vacation. Something *always* happens before I try to go on vacation that eats away all my money.
Dammit! I hate that car! It is such a piece of crap. Crap crap crap, crapilicious crap.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home