Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Written at work (pt 1)

I want to go home and clean.
Now, under normal circumstances I rank cleaning as a necessary evil,
somewhere above buying car insurance but below many, many other tasks.
If you've seen my place you know just how many. ;)
Well, I'm going on vacation this week and I'm dragging Rose, a friend
of mine, back home with me. She will not care too much if my place is
messy, but I want to surprise her with a clean place. So far my
progress has been sporadic. I got most of the kitchen clean, the
laundry run, and the remainder of my CDs imported to my computer.
Monday I did the dishes and picked up almost all of the rest of the
kitchen (it still has some electronic stuff waiting for the office to
have room for it) piced up almost all of the front hallway, got,
framed, but did not hang the cel my friend painted for me for a
Christmas present... in 2003, picked up the magazines on the floor of
my room, and picked up as many of the CDs as would fit into the box I
brought home from work. This morning I picked up some of my laundry
and actually hung it up, plus picked up some of the kits on the floor
and put them on the cross-stitch shelf. =)
So now I "just" need to finish the kitchen, clean the living room,
hang up the rest of laundry, pack, clean the fish tank, portage the
fish tank over to my sister's for fish-sitting, clean the shower,
sinks, and toilets, neaten the shelves in the bathroom, pick up the
office, pick up the rest of my stash and everything else in the
bedroom, take out the trash, vacumn, and hang the pictures.
(I think that's it.)
I'm oddly excited at the prospect of getting it all done. I think I
can, even with enough time to spare for sleep. Let's see if I'm
right.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home