Trippy Vancouver story
So, I thought up the premise for my trippy Vancouver novel. I still need a conflict to make it a story, but at least I have context.The protagonist will be a half-ghost who haunts Vancouver. She's only a half-ghost because she isn't dead, just in a long term coma. This is why she can haunt the entire city and isn't confined to a specific locale. She can watch the goings ons of the non-human population of the city, but since she's just human they don't care to have anything to do with her. So she's basically just an observer with nothing to do to observe, and no one to interact with.
So the non-human population is going to do something that will impact the city (humans and whatever non-humans aren't affiliated with the group) and she's going to have to try to do something to stop the as yet un-figured-out problem.
So now I need to spend some time wandering around Vancouver to set the city in my mind. =) And it needs to be real wandering around, without any purpose but exploring, instead of my typical wandering around to buy things. And I need to figure out the conflict. And then write the thing.
But it's a start!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home